Emotional Wellbeing: Beating Depression and Anxiety
"No health without mental health" is a slogan of the Royal College of Psychiatrists. Mental health issues such as anxiety and
depression are on the rise and there are few resources available to help people. In Staffordshire alone, almost one in four people
attend their GP surgery for mental health related problems.
What is wellbeing? It is defined as "a contented state of being happy, healthy and prosperous".
The World Health Organisation
defines health as a state of complete physical, mental and social wellbeing. So a combination of physical, emotional, social and,
most importantly, mental wellbeing is necessary to achieve overall health.
Our unique programme offers effective treatment of depression, anxiety and other mental health issues and is proven to
bring about greater degrees of emotional wellbeing.
What the Programme Consists of
The programme is run either as an afforable classroom based course or one to one sessions. We use assessment indicators to measure wellbeing before
and after the programme. Our proven programme uses techniques drawn from:
- Yoga therapy – simple breathing techniques, physical postures and movements and meditation to build physical and psychological strength and flexibility
- Neurolinguistic psychotherapy /Self relations therapy – learn how to tap into the 3 minds of the generative self and consciously change your thinking to alter poor thinking habits and develop resourceful beliefs, behaviours, states and strategies
- Mindfulness – simple meditation and mindfulness training to help improve your focus and reduce stress
- Acupressure and energy systems –to help you influence your energy system directly
- Deep relaxation techniques – proven techniques to put your system into a state of deep restorative relaxation
Emotional Wellbeing Course
This is an 8 week course, consisting of weekly 1.5 hour sessions combining psychoeducation with yoga therapy.
You will also receive the following resources FREE, to support your learning:
Download the Emotional Wellbeing Flyer – (pdf, 1MB)
- DVDs and CDs with practice materials
- booklets and information
- email and phone support
- personal practice plan
The Next Step
For more information on course dates and costs and to book your place, please download the
Download the Embodied Living course
(MS Word doc)
Contact Us to Find out More
What are your current levels of wellbeing like? Find out with our quick test.
Thinking about how you have been feeling over the last two
weeks, please indicate whether you agree (Yes or No) with each of the five statements below:
- I have felt cheerful and in good spirits for more than half of the time (Yes/No)
- I have felt calm and relaxed for at least 7 days (Yes/No)
- I have felt active and vigorous for more than half of the time (Yes/No)
- I woke up feeling fresh and rested (Yes/No)
- For more than half of the time my daily life has been filled with things that interest me (Yes/No)
If you have answered No to two or more of these questions, you may need to give some attention to your levels of wellbeing.
Contact us for more information.
This questionnaire has been adapted from the WHO Wellbeing Index and only gives a
rough guide to your levels of wellbeing.